Terror Links and Political Warfare Masquerading as Human Rights
• The Palestinian Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) is a Palestinian Authority-based organization operating out of the West Bank city of Ramallah that acts as the cultural and academic arm of the terror group-linked BNC (BDS National Committee).
• PACBI deceives supporters and observers in the West who have been led to believe that the organization is a network of local grassroots, nonviolent human rights groups advocating BDS to establish a peaceful Palestinian state next to Israel. However, this is a false premise. PACBI is dedicated to destroying the nation state of the Jewish people by engaging in political warfare and supporting Palestinian terror groups.
• Since Israel’s victory in the 2018 Eurovision song competition, PACBI has conceived, conducted, and coordinated a global boycott campaign to derail the 2019 Eurovision contest scheduled to be held in Tel Aviv, Israel in May 2019. PACBI’s campaign seeks to pressure Eurovision finalists and broadcasting companies into withdrawing their participation, and to compel Eurovision into canceling the event in Israel altogether.
• PACBI is a founding member of the BDS National Committee (BNC), a coalition that includes the umbrella terror group “PNIF” (Palestinian National and Islamic Forces), which is comprised of EU-and U.S.- designated terror groups Islamic Jihad, Hamas, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), amongst others.
• PACBI and the terror-linked BNC are operationally the same organization: PACBI serves as the “face” of the BNC. PACBI and the BNC share the same website, mailing list, and staff members, indicating a strong overlap in the BDS Movement’s leadership roles.
• PACBI’s leaders and coordinators have actively supported Islamic and Palestinian terrorists. PACBI activists have also led violent protests, including the Hamas-backed Great March of Return (GMR) riots on the Israel-Gaza border since March 2018.
• PACBI has played a leading role in the global expansion of the BDS movement, including in the United States, United Kingdom, and India.
• BDS’s political warfare strategy may have begun to backfire. In April 2019, the United States refused to allow PACBI cofounder Omar Barghouti, who also established the BDS National Committee, to enter the United States. Barghouti has frequently declared BDS’s goal of destroying Israel.